An early morning Kansas City, Kansas house fire on N. 7th Street has injured three firefighters.
Firefighters responded to the home in the 1600 block of N. 7th Street shortly before 3 a.m.
Fire officials said that while they were putting out hot spots after the fire was under control, the second floor of the structure collapsed and four firefighters on that floor fell to the first floor of the home.
Three of those firefighters were injured and taken to a local hospital.
The fire department said that there were no working smoke detectors and that the cause of the fire is under investigation.
The estimated total dollar loss is $40,000.
- 3 firefighters injured after second floor of house collapses
- Dozens injured after clubhouse floor collapses
- Dozens injured after floor collapses at party
- Floor collapses at Jakarta stock exchange, dozens injured
- Clemson floor collapse at apartment clubhouse leaves 30 injured
- Officials: Mother Killed, 2 Daughters Injured In House Collapse
- Firefighter injured, falls from second to first floor during blaze in downtown Atlanta
- At least 22 people injured in deck collapse at New Jersey beach house
- Deck collapse at Georgia bar injures 14, two seriously
- Deck collapses at post-funeral gathering, multiple people injured