Police on Wednesday identified a man they say shot and killed a woman outside of a Bronx bodega earlier this week.
Amere Bryant, 24, is being sought in the slaying, NYPD's 40th Precinct stated in a tweet.
Shaquana Button, 36, was shot in the face outside the Candy & Grocery deli, located at 728 E. 149th St., at about 11:40 p.m. Monday, police said. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Button was seen arguing with a man inside the store before the fight moved outside and escalated, a police source said at the time.
Submit tips to police by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), visiting http://www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or texting 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577. Spanish-speaking callers are asked to dial 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).
- Police ID man wanted for allegedly killing woman outside of Bronx bodega
- PD: Arrest made in fatal shooting outside Hartford bodega
- Bronx fire death toll up to 13
- Man allegedly chased woman into karate studio
- Police: 7-year-old boy struck, killed by MTA bus in the Bronx
- Police: Stepdaughter allegedly shoots, kills stepfather in Manitowoc
- Community pushes to end gang violence after killing of 15-year-old in the Bronx
- 'Frozen in her bed:' 93-year-old woman has no heat in her Bronx building
- Man who allegedly killed Lake City woman raped and burned her, prosecutors say
- Incendio en Bronx, Nueva York, deja varias personas heridas