The U.S. Marshals have increased its reward in the hunt for an escaped inmate.
The reward has increased from $1,500 to up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest of an inmate who escaped from a state prison.
Jerry Mercado, 25, escaped the Carl Robinson Correctional Institution in Enfield on Jan. 7.
Authorities say Mercado may have fled Connecticut, and could be hiding in neighboring states, including the New York City metro area.
- Authorities increase reward for info on escaped inmate
- Transport driver fired after inmate escapes custody
- Escaped inmate and alleged accomplice captured
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- 3 inmates escaped from jail in boxers. Authorities say a guard helped them
- Sheriff's office seeks inmate who escaped from work release program
- Inmate captured after escaping for 3rd time in a year
- Search underway for escaped inmate in Fremont County
- Inmate escapes during court transport, jumps into Ohio River
- State Dept.: No info on Khashoggi whereabouts