A Buncombe County nurse is charged with taking the painkiller, fentanyl, with the intent to defraud her employer.
Warrants say Meg Eisenhower took the drugs from April through June of 2017 while working as an registered nurse at Mission Hospital.
The warrants don't state how much fentanyl was taken.
The State Bureau of Investigation investigated the case.
- Nurse accused of stealing fentanyl
- PD: Nurse who feared she'd be fired stole fentanyl, oxycodone from nursing home
- Combination of heroin and fentanyl sickened guards, inmate and nurses at Ohio prison, officials say
- Nursing assistant accused of stealing, pawning off 91-year-old's wedding ring
- Lunch ladies accused of stealing nearly $550K
- Teens arrested, accused in fentanyl smuggling attempts at US-Mexico border crossing
- Prison nurse accused of having sex with male inmate
- Nurse practitioner accused of writing 300 fraudulent prescriptions
- Nurse accused of taking narcotics from surgery center