(CNN) -- An oil tanker burning in the East China Sea has capsized after an explosion, according to Chinese state media. The Panama-registered Sanchi tanker sank Sunday afternoon local time after an explosion two hours prior rocked the ship and sent flames shooting up to 1,000 meters high, CCTV reported. The Sanchi had been carrying 136,000 tons -- around 1 million barrels -- of oil from Iran to South Korea when it collided with the Hong Kong-registered CF Crystal freighter in the East China Sea last weekend. Three of the bodies of the more than 30 crew aboard have been recovered.
(CNN) -- An oil tanker burning in the East China Sea has capsized after an explosion, according to Chinese state medi...
Posted: Jan 15, 2018 12:07 AM
Updated: Jan 15, 2018 12:07 AM
- URGENT - China oil tanker Sanchi sinks
- Oil tanker Sanchi partially explodes in East China Sea
- Burning oil tanker sinks in the East China Sea
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- Pirates release crew of oil tanker hijacked off West Africa
- Global stocks retreat as China cuts a key lending rate. Oil sinks below $20
- 32 missing after tanker, freighter collide off China
- Bitcoin sinks 20%
- Tariff fallout; China's oil trade; Remington bankruptcy
Scroll for more content...