Matthew Clegg was just 7 years old when he unexpectedly died.
According to McCordsville United Methodist Church, he loved Star Wars, Legos, and video games.
He also enjoyed being outdoors, going to parks, and swimming, so the church decided to install a playground to keep his memory alive.
Now in its fundraising phase, the project hopes to serve as a lasting tribute to Matthew, and provide fun and fellowship to children of all ages for years to come.
The church wants to raise $20,000 to cover equipment and installation costs, and will hold a dedication for the playground on Matthew's 10th birthday, which is June 7, 2018.
Donations can be made online, or checks can be made out to McCordsville United Methodist Church with "Playground Fund" noted on the memo line.
The church says Matthew is missed greatly by all who knew him and is talked about often. They hope this playground will give others the chance to get to know him and keep his memory alive.
- Church raising money to build playground in memory of young boy
- Parkland Shooting Victim's Family Raising Money To Build Playground In Her Memory
- Elementary school raises money for inclusive playground
- Family foundation raising money for inclusive playground
- Congregation raising money to repair church featured in 'Footloose'
- Young boy waiting years for a wheelchair
- Video shows officers restrain young boy
- Fourth annual memorial ride for Phoebe Jonchuck to raise money for scholarship fund
- "We're behind you:" Community raising money to help 4-year-old boy get service dog
- Community Comes Together On Social Media, Raises Money To Replace Stolen Bike For Boy With Autism