A man in East Carondelet, Illinois is working to spread Christmas cheer.
"It's for the holidays. It's for my wife. I'm trying to get her the spirit back," said William McClure.
McClure's wife said he's been battling cancer for years and while he's exhausted from treatment, he wasn't going to give up on turning his yard into a holiday spectacle.
His neighbor Michael McIntyre said he gave McClure his decorations to add to his collection.
"This is the meaning of Christmas we're supposed to think about our fellow men and be there for him," said McIntyre.
McClure hopes the lights boost everyone's spirits and for him, it's encouragement to keep fighting.
"I wish everybody a Merry Christmas," said McClure.
- Metro East man spreading Christmas cheer with generator and string of lights
- Local woman decorates Christmas trees to spread cheer
- Embattled Metro East mayor arrested again
- Idaho Springs man brings reindeer to spread holiday cheer
- Weekend in Sport: Real Betis fans spread Christmas cheer, Mikaela Shiffrin makes history
- 'Metallica' lead singer spreads holiday cheer at Vail Fire Department
- Costco greeter spreading positivity with a smile, song, and cheer
- As their mom battles heart failure, Metro East couple makes Christmas special for 4 kids As their mom battles heart failure, Metro East couple makes Christmas special for 4 kids
- 'A Christmas Story Live' didn't bring the holiday cheer
- Over 200 headstones spray-painted with swastikas at Metro East cemetery