A Salem man was arrested after police said he "made statements against law enforcement" while carrying an AR-15 on Wednesday night.
Police charged 44-year-old Erich Murphy with possession of a firearm while under the influence, risk of injury and disorderly conduct.
The arrest of Murphy comes after troopers were called to a home on Fairy Lake Road in Salem around 11:145 p.m. Upon arrival, troopers found Murphy, who police said was intoxicated, in possession of a firearm.
Two adults and two children were locked in a bathroom because police said Murphy was trying to get into the room.
When Murphy got into the bathroom, an unidentified man spoke with him while the others left the home.
After his arrest, Murphy was released on a $15,000 bond. He was expected to appear in Norwich Superior Court on Thursday.
- PD: CT man made statements against police while carrying AR-15
- Teachers are not meant to carry AR-15s, student survivor says
- Thomaston man killed in 6 vehicle crash on CT, MA border identified by PD
- CT electrician creates winter wonderland
- Congressional candidate saws AR-15 apart
- Law professor explains some of CT's laws
- Snow hammers down on northern CT
- CT "Dreamers" fighting to access financial aid
- More CT Democrats call for Esty's resignation
- CT college student running for state Senate