A 10-year-old boy is credited with stopping an attacker from hurting his older sister, Boynton Beach police say.
Police arrested Michael Maurice Williams, 25, of Delray Beach, for breaking into the family's home, harming the boy and holding the woman against her will.
The 20-year-old woman, who's name is redacted from the police report, told officers she didn't know Williams, but he began following her on Instagram a few years ago when she started her career in music.
Police said Williams became obsessed with her and continually came into her yard and stares at her through her window, she told officers in the report.
She said on Nov. 28 she saw a man she thought was Williams staring at her through her bedroom window. She then screamed and ran into the living room.
She looked through her living room window with her two siblings and when they thought the person had left, she went back into her bedroom.
Police said Williams approached her from behind, sneaking in through her bedroom window and hiding behind the door, placed his hand over her mouth and pushed her onto her bed, the arrest report states.
He's accused of trying to unsuccessfully pull down her shorts when the woman's 10-year-old brother walked in with a knife trying to defend her, according to the report.
Williams pushed the boy, a third-grade student, away but the woman and the boy were able to push Williams out of the house together.
She told police she never had a relationship with Williams, but has often seen him looking into windows at her house and coming into her yard. She never reported those incidents to police, however.
Officers arrested Williams on Dec. 6 and he is being held at the Palm Beach County Jail without bond.
He faces charges of burglary with assault or battery, kidnapping, damaging property and cruelty toward children.
- Boynton Beach 10-year-old defends sister from accused Instagram stalker with knife
- Man arrested for impersonating U.S. Marshal in Boynton Beach
- 3 children rescued from Boynton Beach house of filth; adults arrested
- Sean 'Ace' O'Connor: Boynton Beach mural honors man who died chasing adventure
- Reagan's daughter defends Kavanaugh's accuser
- 'He's my soul mate.' Accused stalker speaks out from jail about sending 65,000 texts
- 'You' brings novel twists to Lifetime's disarming stalker series
- Hero 10-year-old boy follows man who took his 6-year-old sister from Brooklyn school
- Taylor Swift reportedly used facial recognition to try to ID stalkers
- Murder victim's sister reacts to accidental release of accused killer