Actress Jennifer Lawrence says she has a speech ready for the moment she meets President Donald Trump and "it ends with a martini to the face."
In a wide-ranging interview with Oprah Winfrey for the Hollywood Reporter, Lawrence said she's never met Trump, but that she'd like to meet him.
Lawrence said she's never met Trump, but that she'd like to meet him
Donald Trump Jr. responded to the comments on Twitter
"I think so," she said in the interview, published Wednesday. "I've got a pretty good speech. And it ends with a martini to the face. (Laughter.) I have something to say for all of them. I watch different characters on the news, and I'm like, 'You just wait.'"
The President's son, Donald Trump Jr., responded to Lawrence's comments Thursday: "I'm pretty sure that's not how it would end..."
The Oscar-winning actress told the Hollywood Reporter that she'd been waiting for the moment to speak to President Trump, adding, "I'll give you a hint - it's not nice. You wouldn't want me to say it to you."
Lawrence has been a longtime critic of Trump. She told Vogue in November 2015 that if he became President, "it will be the end of the world" and following the election, Broadly published her essay titled "Don't Be Afraid, Be Loud."
- Jennifer Lawrence says she's been 'waiting' to give Trump 'a martini to the face'
- Jennifer Lawrence reminds everyone she can wear whatever she pleases
- Jennifer Lawrence spy thriller 'Red Sparrow' doesn't quite take off
- Jennifer Lopez Fast Facts
- Jennifer Lawrence le recuerda a todo el mundo que puede usar lo que le plazca
- Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence slam Harvey Weinstein for citing their names in legal defense
- Jennifer Lawrence: Fui tratada de una forma que ahora llamaríamos abusiva
- Jennifer Lawrence: I was treated 'in a way that now we would call abusive'
- Jennifer Garner: A lifeline for poor families
- Jennifer Garner embraces being an Oscar meme