You can watch the original coverage of the launch of Apollo 11 on July 16th, 1969 the moon landing on July 20th, and the first moon walk on July, 21st. Below you can also watch footage of the first moon walk broadcast on TV that has been restored in HD quality video.
ABC Coverage - Apollo 11 Launch
ABC Coverage - The Moon Landing and Moon Walk
First Moonwalk on TV – Restored Video in HD
Original Mission Video as aired in July 1969 depicting the Apollo 11 astronauts conducting several tasks during extravehicular activity (EVA) operations on the surface of the moon. The EVA lasted approximately 2.5 hours with all scientific activities being completed.
- Watch the Original ABC Broadcast of the Moon Landing, and Moon Walk as it happened
- Photos: Apollo 11 moon landing mission
- WAAY 31 Apollo 11 Moon Landing 50th Anniversary Presentation
- Huntsville students get hands-on education about moon landing
- Huntsville’s Saturn V rocket gets a fresh look for Apollo 11 moon landing anniversary
- People in North Alabama describe where they were when men landed on the moon
- U.S. Postal Service releasing stamp of Madison man's photo to celebrate moon landing anniversary
- Huntsville-based Dynetics working with NASA to land astronauts back on the moon
- Astronauts, cosmonaut successfully launch toward ISS on 50th anniversary of moon landing
- WATCH: WAAY 31’s Footprints on the Moon 1989 Apollo 11 20th anniversary special