Vice President Mike Pence has named a four-star Air Force general, John Raymond, as the first leader of the Space Command.
Pence made the announcement at the National Space Council meeting.
John Raymond; Credit: https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/108479/lieutenant-general-john-w-jay-raymond/
Redstone Arsenal is one of six sites being considered as the headquarters for the Space Command. They're expecting a decision by the end of the month.
- Four-star Air Force general named first leader of U.S. Space Command
- Skilled to Work: Space industry leaders discuss workforce needs leading up to Artemis 2024 goal
- Apollo 11 exhibit coming to U.S. Space and Rocket Center
- Former Huntsville NASA engineer sharing collection of historic space memorabilia
- 'Space City USA:' Huntsville's theme park that never was
- Huntsville neighborhood may become state's first Space Age historic district
- Russia launches major new telescope into space after delays
- NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center to lead lunar lander project
- Marshall Space Flight Center's director looks forward to NASA's next 50 years