WASHINGTON (AP) - Joe Biden has notched his first major Super Tuesday victory, winning Virginia to start the most pivotal night of the Democratic presidential primary.
Front-runner Bernie Sanders looked for an early home-state win in Vermont.
Voting was still occurring Tuesday in the two biggest prizes of the night, Texas and California.
Virginia was a lift for Biden after Sanders and former New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg heavily contested it over the past week.
A once-jumbled primary was becoming an increasingly well-defined battle between Sanders and Biden after several former rivals endorsed the former vice president on Monday.
The billionaire Bloomberg is a wild card.
- Joe Biden wins Virginia Democratic Presidential Primary
- Joe Biden wins Democratic presidential primary in Alabama
- Bernie Sanders wins Vermont Democratic presidential primary
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire Democratic presidential primary
- Amy Klobuchar ends 2020 presidential campaign and endorses Joe Biden
- Bernie Sanders' ceiling and Joe Biden's 'Avengers'
- ELECTION RESULTS: See how Alabama voted in the 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary
- Huntsville voters talk about Democratic presidential candidates
- Bloomberg drops out of presidential race, endorses Biden
- ELECTION RESULTS: See how Alabama voted in the 2020 Republican Presidential Primary