President Donald Trump took to his Twitter account Tuesday night to make his pick for Alabama’s next U.S. senator.
He’s picking former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville over Jeff Sessions, a former Alabama senator and Trump’s former attorney general.
“He is a real leader who will never let MAGA/KAG or our country down!,” Trump said. “Coach Tommy Tuberville, a winner, has my complete and total endorsement.”
Tuberville and Sessions face each other in a March 31 Republican party runoff.
The winner will face incumbent Democrat U.S. Sen. Doug Jones in November.
- ‘I love Alabama!:’ President Donald Trump endorses Tommy Tuberville in U.S. Senate primary runoff
- Tuberville, Sessions headed to Republican runoff for Alabama U.S. Senate seat
- WAAY 31 at Tommy Tuberville’s U.S. Senate watch party in Notasulga
- Jeff Sessions says Tommy Tuberville will not agree to a debate for U.S. Senate seat
- Alabama delays March 31 GOP Senate runoff to July 14
- ELECTION RESULTS: See how Alabama voted in the 2020 Republican U.S. Senate Primary
- Senate candidates visit North Alabama
- Joe Biden wins Democratic presidential primary in Alabama
- Amy Klobuchar ends 2020 presidential campaign and endorses Joe Biden
- Bloomberg drops out of presidential race, endorses Biden