UPDATE: Dr. Pam Hudson with Crestwood Hospital said there were more than 600 tests collected Monday in Madison County. She expects there to be more cases with the increased amount of tests.
Hudson says officials are monitoring how well social distancing is working.
Madison Mayor Paul Finley says the employee who tested positive in the city's engineering department was around 12 to 13 employees, who are now at home self-quarantining. He says the city's engineering department is still operating.
The American Red Cross says it is in a blood shortage right now and urges people to set up an appointment to donate. Officials say safety measures are in place.
The City of Huntsville is providing an update on Tuesday on the status of coronavirus in our community.
We expect to hear from the Madison County Emergency Management Agency director and Crestwood Hospital.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- WATCH: Madison County officials hold news conference about coronavirus
- Officials in DeKalb County hold news conference about coronavirus preparation
- Several cities, counties holding news conferences regarding coronavirus pandemic
- WATCH: Morgan County officials discuss coronavirus response
- Huntsville leaders hold news conference on community coronavirus response
- Huntsville Hospital holds news conference about coronavirus preparations
- City of Florence holds news conference about coronavirus response
- WATCH: Saturday update on coronavirus in Madison County
- Officials: Madison County coronavirus patient visited local emergency department
- Madison County officials update community on coronavirus impact