A deadly house fire early Saturday morning took the life of one man in Lawrence County.
Thomas Trousdale died in the house fire. His daughter, Chasity Noe, walked WAAY 31 said she was devastated by the news.
Losing a loved one is never easy, but losing a loved one in such a tragic way like the house fire, Noe said, it's just unimaginable.
“I mean, I don’t know what else to say," she said. "I mean, I can’t even comprehend it right now.”
Noe lives down the road from the home, which she was raised in by her dad. She said she was startled awake early Saturday morning.
“My stepmother came down and asked us to call 911. Said the house was on fire and Daddy was still in there," Noe explained.
Confused and in shock, Noe said it was difficult at first to fully understand what her stepmom was telling her.
She “said he tried to get out. Woke up and got her out, told her to get out of the house," Noe said. "It was burning, and she said he was trying to get out but he just got turned around and the smoke was so bad he couldn’t see."
Noe wanted to see it for her own eyes.
In the short amount of time it took to get there, her childhood home was destroyed by the fire. She couldn't see her dad anywhere.
"It just went so fast. Couldn’t get in there to get him," Noe cried.
Walking through what's left of the house that built her, Noe's in shock.
“I don’t even have a word. I don’t know — I don’t know how I feel. I’m still trying to process it," she said.
Noe said she just wishes she had a little more time with her dad. He was 74, and while she knew he wouldn't last forever, she didn't think he'd go like this, she said.
Noe told WAAY 31 that all they can do at the moment is try to process everything that happened.
Eventually, they'll have to go about putting something on the land for her stepmom to live in. His wife of more than 30 years, she made it out of the fire with only minor burns.
The state fire marshal told WAAY 31 that the fire is still under investigation, but they don't believe there to be any foul play involved.