Saturday, October 03, 2015
LAST OF THE RAIN: This cold and wet pattern will finally be moving on and we'll start seeing some much better weather. Sunday will be a lot like Saturday, however, temperatures will be much warmer, we'll get some breaks in the clouds letting sun light through, and our rain chances will be lower. Expect highs in the mid to low 70's with mostly cloudy skies.
Friday, October 02, 2015
WEATHER SUMMARY: This upper level system continues to plague the southeast with clouds and rain. The good news is that the Valley has really been spared the bulk of the moisture. As we go through the weekend skies will be overcast but the rain won't be much. We should see two more waves of moisture being pulled into the Valley. The first one will be Saturday afternoon and the second one for Sunday afternoon. Skies will begin to clear out Monday.
Fall break is the around the corner and it's certainly feeling like it outside!
Thursday, October 01, 2015
WEATHER SUMMARY: This deep trough is currently right over the Valley. This will keep about a 10% rain chance in for tonight. As that trough continues to get stronger and move centralized over Alabama/Georgia. Rain chances get bumped up to about 30% for Huntsville, 60% for Sand Mountain and 10% for the Shoals. If your planning on going to any of the Friday night football games. I would suggest an umbrella and to wear some layers. Game time temps will generally be around 60.
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
WEATHER SUMMARY: An upper level trough continues to be positioned over the southeast. Even with a cold front moving through the Valley today our weather pattern will still be unsettled to say the least. Because of the high amounts of energy in the upper parts of the atmosphere the trough will linger into the weekend. This trough will continue to push westward high contents of moisture off the Atlantic. The question will be will there be enough of a push to make it into the Valley? I thin…
Still remaining gloomy and cloudy today as a very slow cold front will move through the Valley. As it does so, low level moisture that's been making it very muggy outside will cause fog to form this morning. Be careful of reduced visibility in valley locations until 10 A.M. Otherwise, a few isolated showers are likely to develop on and off throughout the day. Less than a quarter of an inch of rainfall is expected.
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Monday, September 28, 2015
WEATHER SUMMARY: There is currently an area of low pressure moving out of the Gulf. It has provided very heavy rainfall to the southern portion of the state. Now as we go through tonight the low will drift further north towards the Valley. This will bring moderate to potentially heavy rainfall. Localized flooding could potentially be an issue if some areas receive said heavy rainfall. One thing to keep in mind is that any shift in this low could really change the expected totals for the …