...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama..
Tennessee River AT Florence affecting Colbert and Lauderdale
The Flood Warning continues for
the Tennessee River at Florence.
* until late tonight.
* At 1 AM Monday the stage was 18.0 feet and nearly steady.
* Flood Stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
1 AM Monday was 18.2 feet.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Flooding of McFarland Park begins.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.3 feet
on Sep 7 2011.
RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12AM 6AM 12PM 6PM CREST
LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Tue Tue Tue Tue STG DAY TIME
Florence 18.0 18.0 Mon 1 AM 18.0 18.0 18.1 17.4 CRESTED
Safety message...Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to
recognize flood dangers. If while driving you see water over a
road...turn around...don`t drown! The water depth may be too great to
allow your vehicle to cross.
Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once
there...click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river