...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama...
Tennessee River at Florence affecting Colbert and Lauderdale
The Flood Warning continues for
the Tennessee River at Florence.
* until late Monday night.
* At 2 PM Sunday the stage was 18.0 feet and remaining steady.
* Flood Stage is 18.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
2 PM Sunday was 18.2 feet.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet...Flooding of McFarland Park begins.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 18.3 feet
on Sep 7 2011.
RIVER FLOOD OBSERVED 12PM 6PM 12AM 6AM CREST
LOCATION STAGE STG DAY TIME Sun Sun Mon Mon STG DAY TIME
Florence 18.0 18.0 Sun 2 PM 18.0 18.0 18.0 18.0 CRESTED
Safety message...Do not attempt to drive through a flooded road. The
depth of water is not always obvious. As little as two feet of water
will carry most cars away. Also...The road bed may be washed out
under the water...and you could be stranded or trapped.
Additional information is available at http://water.weather.gov. Once
there...click on the Tennessee Valley to view local river