Many wounded veterans received a hero's welcome when arriving at Huntsville International Airport Wednesday.
People gathered at the airport to kick off Heroes Week 2017 organized by Semper Fi Community Task Force of North Alabama.
Veterans spending the week in the Tennessee Valley will be treated to a yacht cruise on Lake Guntersville, a Marine Corp Birthday Ball and a celebratory farewell at the end of the week.
"We're here to celebrate our heroes, welcome them and show them love and support," said Cheryl Doucette with Semper Fi Community Task Force. "They give everything for us, they give their lives for us and we're here to give back to them."
You can learn more about Heroes Week by clicking here.
- Wounded veterans receive warm welcome at Huntsville International Airport
- United adding more flights to Huntsville International Airport
- Face scans for international travelers at Florida airport
- Huntsville police officers receiving crisis intervention training
- Where's the warmth?: Search for warming shelters in Huntsville continues
- Walmarts in the Huntsville area receive new innovations
- Huntsville city councilman Mark Russell receiving national sports spirit award
- 3,000 wreaths for veterans passed out in Huntsville
- No official warming shelters in Huntsville: Here's where you can go
- Local Huntsville Church turns their building into a warming center for homeless