A woman who was assaulted by her child's father ended up shooting him in the leg early Wednesday morning, Jackson County authorities said.
The 26-year-old man from Huntsville was taken to Huntsville Hospital after being shot at a home on Wann Lane in Skyline, Jackson County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Rocky Harnen said.
The man assaulted her around 2:15 a.m., Harnen said. He also destroyed her phone to keep her from calling 911, threatened to kill her and wouldn't let her leave the house, he said. The woman was able to get her gun and shot him in the leg.
No one has been arrested.
The shooting is still under investigation.
- Woman shoots man after assault in Jackson County
- 16-year-old assaulted in Jackson County home
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Woman rescued after falling into cave in Jackson County
- 2 jailers assaulted by inmate in Jackson Co., officials say
- Jackson County authorities renew search for 72-year-old Decatur man
- Man facing drug sale charges in Jackson County
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Jackson County man killed in ultralight aircraft crash
- Decatur man charged with assault for birthday party shooting