Florence firefighters say a woman is still in critical condition after being pulled from the remains of her burned home.
Firefighters tell WAAY 31 a fire broke out at a home Thursday afternoon on Atlanta Street.
Crime scene tape was still wrapped around the home on Firday. Florence firefighters said when they found the woman in the back of the home she had no pulse.
They were able to do CPR, get a pulse back then rushed her to Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital.
"It's a terrible situation. I hope she makes it out and will be okay," said Ladrelin Cheatum, one of the womans' neighbors on Atlanta Street.
Investigators said the fire started a little before 3 p.m. Thursday, but it's unclear where the fire started. They are still investigating how the fire started.
- Woman remains critically injured after Florence house fire
- House destroyed following fire at Florence home
- One Florence fireman injured; others continue battling downtown fire
- UPDATE: Missing Florence woman found
- South Huntsville shooting leaves victim critically injured
- Florence man charged with setting house on fire
- Florence firefighters battle house fire in the snow
- Florence woman dies after head-on collision
- Florence woman charged in deadly wreck
- Woman charged with attacking Florence police