A Killen woman is facing dozens of forgery charges for allegedly stealing from her employer.
Carnley Melton, 37, was arrested Monday on three counts of theft and 50 charges of possession of a forged instrument.
Florence police said Melton worked for an area builder who noticed inconsistencies in the business's spending last August. Detectives said they found evidence that Melton was writing checks from the account without permission.
Police said she wrote more than $16,000 in checks from the business.
Melton is out of jail after posting a $90,000 bond.
A trial date has not been set.
- Woman charged with stealing from employer in Florence
- Woman charged with stealing from employer
- Woman charged with stealing gun at Florence gas station
- Florence woman charged in deadly wreck
- Woman charged with attacking Florence police
- Florence man charged with choking woman
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- UPDATE: Missing Florence woman found
- Man charged with murder in death of Florence woman
- Florida woman charged with writing stolen checks in Florence