A woman who showed up for a scheduled court date in Boaz ended up going to jail on other charges.
Christi Dewanna Peppers, 43, of Albertville, was arrested after Boaz police said they found drugs in her vehicle Thursday evening.
Boaz police said they had information that Peppers had drugs in her vehicle, so when she showed up at Boaz Municipal Court, police had a K-9 unit check the vehicle. The dog indicated drugs were in the vehicle, police said.
A search of the vehicle turned up more than 11 grams of methamphetamine, more than 5 grams of marijuana, clonazepam pills and syringes, police said.
Police charged Peppers with meth distribution, second-degree marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and prescription drug possession.
Bond had not been set on the charges as of Friday morning.
- Woman arrested for drugs after showing up for court
- Fort Payne woman arrested after drug investigation
- Two arrested on drug charges
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges
- Woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Boaz woman charged with drugging 5-year-old
- Bill Cosby convicted of drugging, molesting woman
- Boaz police arrest two in drug bust
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust
- 19 arrested in Lawrence County drug operation