Heading into the start of the work week we are tracking a few things. The first is a cold front that will push through on Tuesday. That will give us plenty of heavy rain, some isolated storms and then a big drop in temperatures. We will be going from near 70 Monday to highs in the 40s by Wednesday.
The biggest impacts for Tuesday will be heavy rain, slick roads and winds gusting up to 30 mph. We are not expecting severe weather but any storm will make the rain blinding to anyone driving. So please be careful that day.
The rest of the work week will just be very dry and then we get to Friday.
Social media has already been buzzing with the notion of our first flakes of the season coming on Friday. This is at least plausible. We will have another blast of cold air coming through on Friday but moisture is limited at best. Recent model runs have NOT been the best to increase my thoughts on us seeing snow. But it will be something that needs to be watched.
Overall in a case like this, you don't want to alarm yourselfs or begin to panic. We are still a few days out and we will have a better idea as the week progresses.
Enjoy the Valley!
- Wind and Rain Tuesday then bitter cold
- How firefighters deal with the bitter cold
- Cold & Blustery For Tuesday
- Middletown man helps get homeless out of bitter cold
- Firefighters brave bitter cold temps to battle fire
- AAA called to 10,000 calls since bitter cold temperatures
- Tips to keep your pet safe from the bitter cold
- Bitter Cold Holds Its Grip On the Valley
- Wind chill can make temperatures dangerously cold
- Cold & Frosty Tonight & Tuesday Morning