WAAY 31 has new details on a string of robberies we first told you about Wednesday morning.
Madison County Sheriff deputies quickly chased the suspects down after robberies at the Payless gas station on highway 53 and around the corner at the Super Valu gas station on Wall Triana Highway.
Waay 31’s MaryLee Adams talked with one of the victims who the suspects pulled a gun on.
"This morning at about 10 or 12 minutes after six a young man came in with a gun and asked for the money and I have never had that kind of experience."
Edie Solahee runs the Super Valu gas station and was working when the robbers walked in. He told me one of the suspects looked like he was only about 16 or 17 years old.
Deputies arrested three men immediately and found a fourth hiding out some distance behind the gas station.
Joy Griffin has been coming to this station since she was a little girl and was also surprised by the robberies.
"Very shocked, I was like wow. Because eddie is a nice person he's always helping people. It's gotta be some young people who are just hard up for money...That's just crazy."
And with the recent serial robberies in downtown Huntsville, some people are worried it is becoming a problem.
"Yeah, I think so because I feel not safe if things like this happen here."
Solahee is thankful one of his longtime customers were there and helped deputies catch the suspects.
"One of my customers decided to chase him and he was following him around...I should be thankful to that customer because I've known him since he was 4 or 5 years old and he's the one who helped the officer to catch the guy."
Solahee told WAAY 31 he appreciates the hard work deputies do and isn’t letting the robbers stop him.
WAAY 31 reached out to the Madison County Sheriff's Department and they told us they are still investigating these robberies, so at this point they don't know if they are connected with the ones in Downtown Huntsville.
- Victim and Customers React to Armed Robbery
- Florence police investigate armed robbery at business
- Neighbors react after kidnapping, robbery in Decatur
- Madison police searching for two armed suspects following reported robbery
- 16, 15 and 13-year-olds charged in armed robberies in Decatur
- Two women arrested for armed robbery In Decatur supermarket parking lot
- Multiple customers upset after slow propane deliveries
- UberEATS driver charged with killing customer
- Bridgeport Police investigating bank robbery
- Bank robbery suspect behind bars