A Morgan County jury found Cortez Mitchell guilty of two counts of felony murder Wednesday morning.
Mitchell, 19, was also found guilty of four counts of first-degree robbery for the 2015 crime spree that included the murders of Antonio Hernandez Lopez and Joshua Davis.
He will be sentenced April 20.
Mitchell along with Cedric Cowan, Joseph Cowan and Amani Goodwin were arrested for the murders of Lopez in the carport of his Decatur home and Davis at Wilson Morgan Park in May of 2015.
Goodwin pleaded guilty in January to three counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of felony murder. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Decatur jury finds Cortez Mitchell guilty of murder
- Jury continues deliberations in Cortez Mitchell capital murder trial
- Cortez Mitchell sentenced to life for 2015 murders
- 'Stand Your Ground:' Jury find Limestone County man not guilty of murder in 2015 shooting
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Trial to begin in Decatur murder case
- GUILTY: Jury returns verdict in shooting death of Tennessee teenager
- Jury duty scam
- Jury recommends death penalty in Colbert County capital murder trial
- Murder parolee arrested in Decatur for parole violation