An early morning wreck caused a man to be rushed to the hospital early Tuesday morning.
Huntsville Police said around 1 a.m. a male driver lost control of his vehicle while he was traveling eastbound on Winchester Road near Pulaski Pike.
His car ended up smashing through a mailbox, a fire hydrant and a utility pole before it came to a stop.
The driver was initially transported from the scene with life-threatening injuries, but within about 20 minutes, officers said his condition had significantly improved.
What caused him to lose control initially is under investigation.
- Vehicle wreck smashes mailbox, hydrant and utility pole; hospitalizes driver
- Wreck knocks down utility pole, blocks Mastin Lake Road
- Driver arrested after crashing through utility pole on Washington St.
- Downtown Huntsville wreck knocks over pole
- Down trees, utility poles block several roads overnight
- Driver in wreck that killed 3 teens released from hospital
- Slow traffic on Parkway after wreck damages light pole
- Thieves targeting mailboxes in Jackson County
- Downed utility pole, fire cause US 431 to shut down in New Hope
- Single vehicle wreck investigated by state troopers