Local law enforcement and school officials were on alert after a vague school threat received widespread attention online.
The threat made toward a 'SHS' appears to have actually been directed at Springfield High School in Ohio, according to some law enforcement. But the use of only an abbreviated name prompted confusion across the country, including in North Alabama.
Madison County Schools Superintendent Matt Massey sent a message to parents letting them know the threat did not involve Sparkman High School in any way.
- Vague 'SHS' school threat causes concerns across the country
- Madison police arrest juvenile for school threat
- Cherokee student arrested for school threat
- Flooding Concerns Continue
- Heavy Rain & Flood Concerns
- Huntsville City Schools address parent concerns regarding Behavioral Learning guidelines
- Danville High School football tackling concussion concerns head on
- Severe Storm Threat Saturday
- Saturday's Severe Threat
- The severe threat continues