Emergency crews responded to a south Huntsville neighborhood Thursday afternoon after utility crews hit a gas line.
The leak was on Camelot Drive near Gawain Road and happened around noon.
Crews installing fiber lines punctured a gas line in two places, officials on the scene said.
The levels of gas that leaked were not high enough to evacuate the area, they said.
Crews capped the line and were making repairs.
- Utility crews hit gas line in south Huntsville
- Gas prices increase in Huntsville
- Crews work to remove tree from south Huntsville apartment building
- Athens crews dealing with gas leak
- Some Huntsville Utilities customers getting new HVAC units
- Huntsville Utilities temporarily shut off water to these streets
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Heavy smoke in South Huntsville
- South Huntsville road project includes new park
- Fire in South Huntsville displaces family