Emergency crews responded to a south Huntsville neighborhood Thursday afternoon after utility crews hit a gas line.
The leak was on Camelot Drive near Gawain Road and happened around noon.
Crews installing fiber lines punctured a gas line in two places, officials on the scene said.
The levels of gas that leaked were not high enough to evacuate the area, they said.
Crews capped the line and were making repairs.
- Utility crews hit gas line in south Huntsville
- Crews work to remove tree from south Huntsville apartment building
- Athens crews dealing with gas leak
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Heavy smoke in South Huntsville
- Homes Evacuated After 12-Year-Old Crashes Car Into Gas Line
- Huntsville crews pull man from vehicle hanging from embankment
- Crews on standby as temps begin to drop in Huntsville
- Huntsville Public Works crews prepare for potential ice accumulations
- Crews working to restore power in NE Huntsville