WAAY 31 has newly released video that helped to convict a woman who attempted to hire a Hitman to kill her Grandson's Mother.
Video given to WAAY 31 from Lawrence County Investigators shows Sandra Tredway, on camera, trying to hire an undercover officer.
This all happened back in 2015.
It all starts in court documents.
Sandra Treadway's son Matt had custody of his new born son because the Mother was deemed an unfit Mother six weeks after giving birth.
"This is a very unique case and one that everybody that worked on it will never forget," said Cpt. Dennis sharp of the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office.
Sharp is a drug enforcement agent and was the lead investigator on the case.
Originally, they were investigating Sandra Treadway for distributing marijuana and pills, but it quickly turned into a murder for hire investigation.
As you see in the video, Treadway asked the undercover officer to kill the Mother of her Grandson.
"Very detailed operation. We had guidelines that were set forth by Sandra. We had a schedule that she wanted us, a day that she wanted us pick the murder on, so her son, the father of the child, would have an alibi," said Sharp.
Sandra Treadway paid $750 of a $1500 fee up front for the murder, but that wasn't enough to arrest her.
"We had to get the cooperation from the victim for the murder for hire, because treadway wanted proof of death," said Sharp.
They created a fake picture they orchestrated to show that, which is what completed the operation.
Treadway was arrested shortly after that.
"It's a great feeling that you're able to keep somebody alive that's a Mother of two children, not just one and allow those children to still have their Mother here to take care of them," said Sharp.
Friday night, Tredway is in the Franklin County Jail where she was sentenced to 60 years.
- Undercover video shows planning of murder for hire plot
- President Trump's legal team plots next move
- 22 indicted in Nashville-area undercover human trafficking operation
- Undercover drug sting nabs dozens in the Shoals
- Mississippi woman sentenced in murder-for-hire scheme
- Decatur pharmacy owner gets prison for plotting health care fraud
- Man accused of plotting terror attacks in Madison County sentenced
- Video shows moments after Tuscumbia bus crash
- Video shows Florida deputy save baby's life
- Over 120 gambling machines seized after undercover investigation in Lauderdale County