We kicked off the day with a warm, muggy morning and the heat will be an issue again. With the humidity in place, it's going to feel as hot as 103 this afternoon. Of course, some of us will get a brief shower or storm and a chance to cool off, but most of us just stay dry and hot.
Storm chances hover near 30% through the end of the work week, then increase by the weekend. A cold front is slowly making its may toward the Tennessee Valley and with it, storms will become more scattered. The cool down in conjunction with the front won't be substantial, but it will drop us into the upper 80s from the lower 90s.
- Uncomfortably humid with a handful of storms
- Only A Handful Of Storms Possible Today
- Hot, humid, and stormy
- Increasing heat & humidity
- Hot & Humid To Start September
- Health effects of summer heat and humidity
- Not as humid and slightly cooler
- Lower humidity not here to stay
- VIDEO: Alabama man catches bass by hand
- Huntsville restaurants stop handing out plastic straws