A toddler who was hit in a drive-by shooting Wednesday night has died, and police said they believe they will make an arrest soon in the case.
Several people were taken into custody early Thursday morning and were being questioned, a Huntsville Police Department spokesman said. Lt. Michael Johnson also said an arrest in the case was imminent.
The shooting occurred at 615 Murray Road around 7pm on Wednesday. Investigators say the two-year-old was asleep on the couch when the shooter fired several rounds at the house. One of the bullets went through the front of the house and hit the child.
The child was taken to Huntsville Hospital in critical condition and later died overnight.
- UPDATE: 3-year-old hit in drive-by shooting dies
- Arrests made in drive-by shooting that killed 3-year-old girl
- Candlelight vigil held for 3-year-old killed in drive-by shooting
- Candlelight vigil to be held for 3-year-old shooting victim
- UPDATE: Suspect wanted in Lee Drive shooting in custody
- Self-driving car hit in collision
- Woman who was hit by water main cover while driving dies
- Man charged with beating his girlfriend's 3-year-old son
- Drive-by shooting leaves one man dead
- Neighbors witness Squaw Valley Drive hit-and-run