UPDATE: The wreck has been cleared, and Winchester Road is opened.
According to the State Trooper, 18-year-old Shauntia Ward from New Market and 15-year-old Desiree Holt from Huntsville were in one car turning left onto Winchester Road from Sougahatchee Drive when another car, driven by 35-year-old Kerry Hunt from Tennessee, was heading south. The two cars collided sending the car driven by Ward flying down the road to land in someone's front yard.
Ward and Holt are currently at Huntsville Hospital in the care of trauma services.
Madison County engineers told WAAY31 that there were three accidents between 2013-17 at the same intersection.
- UPDATE: Two students hospitalized after wreck on Winchester Road
- UPDATE: Woman killed in Winchester Road wreck identified
- New mixed-use development coming to Winchester Road
- Contracts extended for construction on Winchester Rd
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- 2 taken to hospital after morning wreck
- Woman hospitalized following car wreck on I-565
- Woman taken to hospital after overnight wreck
- One taken to hospital after morning wreck
- One person hospitalized after New Market wreck