Two men are being held in the DeKalb County Jail on charges of sexually abusing a child under 12.
James Michael Perego and James Lee Britton Junior, both of Henagar, were arrested after an investigation that started the week of May 7, the DeKalb County Sheriff's Office said.
Perego was arrested Friday at his home on County Road 723 and charged with four counts of sexual abuse of a child under 12 and second-degree sodomy.
Britton was arrested at his home on Mississippi Street. He was charged with resisting arrest and three counts of sexual abuse of a child under 12.
The sheriff's office did not say how many victims may have been involved in the case.
Bond for both men has not been set, authorities said.
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Husband, Wife arrested on sex abuse charges
- Church youth leader facing child sex charges
- Florence man charged with child abuse
- Albertville couple charged with abusing small child
- Decatur man charged with child abuse
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Australian archbishop guilty of covering up sex child abuse