This week will grow increasingly soggy as rain increases. Showers and thunderstorms are few through Tuesday. Expect increasing heavy rain and thunder Wednesday. Periods of heavy rain will last through Sunday.
Heavy thunderstorms Monday evening will come to an end by around 7 PM. Heavy rainfall will limit visibility and make the roads extra slippery. Use slower speeds, and be sure you use your low beam headlights. The rest of tonight will be mostly cloudy, dry, and muggy. The trip to the bus stop and the morning drive Tuesday morning will be dry and muggy with lower 70s to start Tuesday. Showers and thunderstorms will form starting between noon and 2 PM Tuesday and lasting through 6-8 PM. Rain can fall heavily, and frequent dangerous lightning is possible from the thunderstorms. Like Monday, however, many areas will stay dry as the storms will be very choosy. Storms can cool us off, but temperatures away from the storms will be in the 90s with a heat index near 100 degrees.
A storm system organizing over the Central Plains will enhance the coverage of rain starting Wednesday between noon and 3 PM. The rain will be more persistent through about 6-8 PM. Rain may fall heavily for extended periods, leading to minor street flooding in localized spots. Rainfall amounts will average a half-inch to an inch with locally higher amounts possible. The rain will break Wednesday night, but each afternoon through Sunday can be soggy. Be especially careful on the roads. Use low beams and slower speeds if necessary.
- Tuesday Showers, Then Rain Increases More
- Rain Increasing Starting Thursday
- Increasing Rain Chance This Week
- Scattered showers, then a round of rain
- Dry Through Wednesday, Then Rain Increases
- Showers & Thunder On Tuesday, Then Drier
- Small Increase In Coverage Of Showers For Thursday
- Tuesday Evening Showers Fade, Wednesday Will Be Drier
- Staying Mostly Dry Tuesday, Rain Returns Later This Week
- Summer Showers For Friday