Some folks in Morgan County had a shaky start to their Saturday. For many, their wake-up call was an earthquake.
The quake happened in the Trinity area just after 4 a.m.
It measured a magnitude of 2.2, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The USGS says this is Alabama’s eleventh earthquake this year.
- Trinity epicenter of Alabama's 11th quake this year
- Homeowner kills intruder in Trinity
- Huntsville likely epicenter for Army Futures Command announcement
- Man killed in Trinity home invasion identified
- Strong quakes prompt Hawaii woman to evacuate
- No tsunami threat after Hawaii quake on volcano
- Alabama's Teacher of the Year announced
- Hartselle's Garrett Wade named Gatorade Alabama Player of the Year
- Alabama's Knight to forgo senior year of eligibility
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed