Three people are facing robbery charges after two armed robbery calls in the Harvest area of Madison County, authorities said Wednesday morning.
The first happened just after 6 a.m. at the Stop and Save on Highway 53 at Robins Road in Harvest. Two adults and a juvenile got money from store employees and left, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office.
The three left the store and drove to the Super Value Grocery Store at Wall Triana Highway and Yarbrough Road in Harvest, robbing it about 10 minutes after the first store, authorities said.
A K-9 unit found the juvenile hiding behind the Super Value store, authorities said. The two adult suspects were arrested about three miles away, at Love Branch and Orville Smith Road.
Authorities said the suspects threw out a handgun while they were driving. One of the suspects took them back to where it was thrown out and the weapon was recovered, they said.
There's no word yet on official charges for the three.
- Three taken into custody for Harvest robberies
- Cotton pickin' good harvest in Alabama
- Florida murder suspect sought in Harvest community
- Harvest man wins more than $20K on 'Jeopardy!'
- Harvest road shut down by Madison Co. Sheriff's office
- Alabama reopens Mobile Bay areas closed to oyster harvesting
- Woman hospitalized after her car flips in Harvest
- Juvenile in custody after shooting
- Schools in Harvest area lock doors while deputies search for murder suspect
- Nashville Waffle House shooting suspect in custody