NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Police say a teenager in Tennessee has been killed in a confrontation during a home invasion.
Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron told news outlets that 17-year-old Ja'Donte Thompson was fatally shot during a scuffle late Tuesday with one of two people who had entered the home.
Metro Nashville Schools spokeswoman Michelle Michaud said in a statement that the teen attended Hillsboro High School and the district is providing grief counselors.
Police said no arrests had been made by early Wednesday morning.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
12/6/2017 9:33:31 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Tennessee teen shot and killed during home invasion
- Man killed in Trinity home invasion identified
- Mom describes attempted home invasion
- Teen tied up and beaten in Jackson County home invasion
- Neighbors react after man killed in home invasion
- 1-year-old child shot, killed in Tennessee apartment complex
- 2 injured during morning home invasion
- Man killed in home invasion kidnapped woman in Huntsville weeks before
- Teen who shot and killed 14-year-old girl sentenced
- Kentucky deputy shoots, kills suspect in Tennessee