Stevie Wonder to perform 5 shows at Las Vegas strip resort
Eds: APNewsNow. Adds distribution points. With AP Photos. Minor edits.
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Musician and singer Stevie Wonder will perform a series of shows in Las Vegas in August.
Casino giant MGM Resorts International and entertainment company Live Nation Las Vegas announced Tuesday that Wonder will play five shows at the Park Theater starting Aug. 3.
The 5,300-seat venue is located at the Park MGM casino-resort, formerly known as the Monte Carlo. It hosted the residencies of Cher and Ricky Martin.
Tickets start at $69 and go on sale May 21.
The 68-year-old musician announced last week he'd be playing a series of shows in Las Vegas and elsewhere in the coming months that celebrate life, love and music and push back against troubled times.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/15/2018 5:50:36 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Stevie Wonder to perform 5 shows at Las Vegas strip resort
- Stevie Wonder Fast Facts
- Testing a self-driving car on the Las Vegas strip
- 15 must-see attractions on the Las Vegas Strip
- Grandmother, mom and daughter injured in Las Vegas Strip robbery
- Stevie Wonder plans shows to promote love, stop hate
- Police investigating charges against others in Las Vegas strip massacre, lawyer says
- Stevie Nicks reveals Fleetwood Mac's 'paid the same' policy
- Stevie Wonder says Kanye slavery comments are 'foolishness'
- Kitzbuhel, Austria ski resort guide