A few showers developed this afternoon. Some of them came with blindingly heavy rain and even some lightning and thunder. No severe thunderstorms have formed, and none are likely to form. Showers this evening will likely end before 7 PM.
If you've gotten rain, your temperatures have dropped into the upper 70s. Away from the showers, temperatures held closer to 90 degrees this afternoon. Heat indices have been closer to 100 degrees.
A weak disturbance approaching the Tennessee Valley will bring a small increase in showers for Thursday. A few thunderstorms can mix in, too. A small increase in the coverage of showers and thunderstorms can still leave much of the Valley dry, but know that showers will be around and the odds are bigger than you can see some rain from them compared to where we've been through the week. Temperatures will behave similarly - expect lower 90s with near-100-degree heat indices, with upper 70s to lower 80s beneath those showers. Temperatures will recover quickly as the showers move along.
Severe thunderstorms are not expected, but rain can fall heavily at times. Lightning and thunder can come from some of the storms, too.
- Small Increase In Coverage Of Showers For Thursday
- Small church in Madison County doesn't plan to increase security
- Expo highlights small businesses
- Thursday Will Be Hot With Scattered Showers & Thunder
- Summer Showers For Friday
- Athens shoppers partake in Small Business Saturday
- Albertville couple charged with abusing small child
- Free small business workshop in Huntsville
- Gas prices increase in Huntsville
- A few storms, increasing heat