The Alabama Department of Transportation will continue work on Interstate 65 at the Tennessee River bridge.
Crews will be working on the outside northbound lane to repair concrete Thursday and Friday, and that lane will be closed as a result.
The closure will begin after peak travel times, starting Thursday morning and will continue overnight. The reopening is anticipated Friday afternoon or evening as long as weather permits.
Motorists may experience a bump while crossing the bridge because of a steel plate being used for repairs. The Alabama Deapartment of Transportation advises travelers to drive with caution and adjust speeds accordingly.
- Drivers can expect delays on Interstate 65 near Tennessee River
- Chemical waste still gets into Tennessee River
- Shoals officials: Stay off Tennessee River
- Driver unharmed after car flips into river
- Flooding expected to cause problems for drivers
- Heatwave kills at least 65 in Pakistan
- Young driver crashes into Ada County Deputy vehicle along Interstate 84
- Semi driver fails to slow down for traffic, causes six vehicle interstate accident
- Wreck causes morning headaches on Interstate 565
- Postal employee found dead on Dallas interstate