The Alabama Department of Transportation will continue work on Interstate 65 at the Tennessee River bridge.
Crews will be working on the outside northbound lane to repair concrete Thursday and Friday, and that lane will be closed as a result.
The closure will begin after peak travel times, starting Thursday morning and will continue overnight. The reopening is anticipated Friday afternoon or evening as long as weather permits.
Motorists may experience a bump while crossing the bridge because of a steel plate being used for repairs. The Alabama Deapartment of Transportation advises travelers to drive with caution and adjust speeds accordingly.
- Drivers can expect delays on Interstate 65 near Tennessee River
- Interstate 65 lane closure causing delays
- Drivers can expect delays on South Memorial Parkway
- Chemical waste still gets into Tennessee River
- Shoals officials: Stay off Tennessee River
- Limestone County man drowns in Tennessee River
- Driver unharmed after car flips into river
- Flooding expected to cause problems for drivers
- Drivers in Decatur can expect lane closures
- Wreck causes morning headaches on Interstate 565