Marshall County's sheriff says one of his jail inmates apparently killed himself. Sheriff Scott Walls said today jailers found the dead man this morning.
The discovery came during morning cell checks.
The State Bureau of Investigation is leading an external probe of the inmate’s death. A medical examiner will perform an autopsy.
The sheriff's office has asked for help from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to find next of kin.
- Sheriff: Inmate kills himself in Marshall County jail
- Marshall County Sheriff blames under funding for jail incident
- Three inmates are back in custody in Marshall County after jail house escape
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Sheriff: Jailed inmate who stole deputy's vehicle died while detoxing
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Marshall County tornado shelters
- Investigation into alleged theft from Marshall County Sheriff's Office
- UPDATE: Inmates recaptured hours after Marion County Jail escape