Marshall County's sheriff says one of his jail inmates apparently killed himself. Sheriff Scott Walls said today jailers found the dead man this morning.
The discovery came during morning cell checks.
The State Bureau of Investigation is leading an external probe of the inmate’s death. A medical examiner will perform an autopsy.
The sheriff's office has asked for help from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to find next of kin.
- Sheriff: Inmate kills himself in Marshall County jail
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Sheriff: Jailed inmate who stole deputy's vehicle died while detoxing
- Marshall County tornado shelters
- Inmates accused of getting drugs in Morgan County Jail
- Escaped Shoals inmate back in jail
- Warming Centers In Marshall County
- Marshall Co. Sheriff's Office introduces new pistol permit system
- Inmates use hammer to escape from Tuscumbia City Jail
- Inmate killed in poultry plant accident