Law enforcement in Marshall County believe they have two people in custody that could be responsible for a string of front porch package thefts.
WAAY 31 was able to get security camera video that police said led them to the suspects.
The video was shot at a house along Browns Valley Road in Guntersville, which is one of the neighborhoods Guntersville police said was targeted.
The video was shot the middle of last week and it shows a man stealing a package.
"Past numerous years we've had some sporadic thefts, but this is not typical," said Guntersville Police Department Chief Investigator John East.
Guntersville police said a total of four police reports were filed, but they told WAAY 31 Boaz and Albertville police also had reports of similar thefts.
The departments shared resources and the video, which gave Boaz police a good start.
"Based on that information they were able to develop some leads and actually locate the vehicle in question and took two people into custody on unrelated charges at this point," said East.
WAAY 31 called the Boaz Police Department several times wednesday to get more information about the two people in custody, but we didn't get a call back.
Guntersville police told WAAY 31 if it weren't for the security video, it would have been much harder to find the suspects.
"More and more people are getting video for their homes. We've been able to solve a lot of car burglaries as well as home burglaries due to homeowners making that purchase," said East.
People who live in this area of Browns Valley Road in Guntersville told WAAY 31 they plan on getting security cameras after this recent string of package thefts, so that if it ever happens to them they can help catch the thief.
- Security video leads police to suspects in package theft case
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect
- Car GPS helps police catch theft suspect
- Suspect in iPhone theft case tied to Hazel Green robbery
- Burglary suspects lead police on chase
- Police: Hartselle mother identifies daughter as theft suspect with surveillance video
- UPDATE: Police say no evidence of theft in Free2Be case
- Police identify theft suspect from hand-drawn sketch
- Second suspect arrested in lawn mower thefts