Huntsville firefighters were busy overnight battling a house fire from Sunday night that appeared to rekindle early Monday morning.
The fire happened around 3 a.m. at a house on Nabors Lane, between Lyngail Drive and Wayne Court.
Monday afternoon around 2:30 p.m. headed back to the house after a neighbor called about smoke coming from the home, said a spokeswoman for the department.
Firefighters said they first responded to the home around 8 p.m. Sunday for a small fire. The couple who lived there left the home to stay with their daughter.
Hours later, firefighters were called back to the home when it was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters said power to the home was off at the time of the second fire, and no one was home at the time.
The fire is under investigation.
- Fire department visits home for a third time
- Alabama DHR cannot confirm how many times they visited the Spurgeon home
- Hellraisers keep ruining fire department's helipad
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Rumor Extinguished: Littleville Volunteer Fire Department to remain operational
- Athens fire department getting new thermal imaging cameras
- Treasurer charged with stealing from volunteer fire department
- Property tax increase in Grant benefiting local fire department
- Waffle House hero visits Huntsville
- Shots fired at Marshall County home