Clouds increase through the day and we'll see scattered storms developing by the afternoon. Temperatures today will still be hot, but not to the record-setting levels of Monday.
Today marks the first day in a string of many with storm chances. In fact, the likelihood and coverage of storms will be increasing through the week. We are not expecting severe storms, but we can see locally heavy rain, brief gusty wind, and frequent lightning.
Rainfall totals won't be substantial today and tomorrow. However, with day after day of rain and storms in the forecast, rainfall accumulation for the next several days can total over one inch. That would be a good thing. While it may interfere with your outdoor plans, we are a couple of inches below average for the month of May in Huntsville. We are above average with the year-to-date rain, though.
- Scattered storms, not as hot
- Scattered Afternoon Storms
- Scattered storms seem here to stay
- Scattered Showers, Staying Warm
- Scattered storms pack heavy rain and gusty wind
- No end to the scattered storms in sight
- Sunny & hot now, storms return this week
- Wind quiets, scattered showers continue
- The return of scattered showers
- Scattered showers expected for Friday night