Jackson County authorities said they don't believe foul play is involved after human remains were found by hunters over the weekend.
Authorities said they believe the remains of James Elliott Jr., 72, of Decatur were found Friday evening near Hytop -- not far from where Elliott's SUV was found. The remains have been sent to forensics for identifications.
Elliott, who reportedly had Alzheimer's disease, went missing in October 2016. His car was found wedged between two trees in a wooded area of Jackson County.
- Remains in Jackson County believed to be missing man from 2016
- Remains found in Jackson County believed to be those of missing Decatur man
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Remains found at Owens Cross Roads cemetery believed to be missing grandmother
- Investigators believe they've found body of missing 4-year-old
- Jackson County authorities renew search for 72-year-old Decatur man
- Man facing drug sale charges in Jackson County
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Woman shoots man after assault in Jackson County
- Jackson County man killed in ultralight aircraft crash