Re-enrollment for current Madison City Schools students opened up on Monday, May 14th.
Superintendent Robby Parker stressed the importance of student re-enrollment for several reasons.
One reason re-enrollment is critical is because of the big number of falsified address that were found this school year.
Hundreds of students were found attending Madison City Schools when they are really zoned for another school district.
Parker says this costs tax payers a lot of money.
"This year we found there were about 250 people at least that we found, that are going to school here that dont belong here. That right there is over half a million dollars that the citizens and children that live in the city have lost," said Superintendent Robby Parker.
Another reason re-enrollment is important is because it helps make sure every student has a seat in the classroom.
Parker adds the school district will continue to verify all 11,000 student information to make sure they live within the district.
Re-enrollment can be completed online at http://www.madisoncity.k12.al.us/
- Re-enrollment now open for Madison City students
- Madison City School students discuss safety plan with superintendent
- Madison City Schools face possible rezoning
- Obama tweets: Final days to enroll in Obamacare are here!
- What we know about who is enrolled in DACA
- Thousands mistakenly enrolled during California's Medicaid expansion, feds find
- Puerto Rico closing 283 schools over sharp drop in enrollment
- Free giveaways planned as Chicken Salad Chick opens Madison location
- New Madison Public Library opening celebrated with a ribbon cutting
- Madison man turns 100