A large swath of rain swept through the Tennessee Valley this morning, leaving gloomy conditions and cooler temperatures in its wake. Most locations picked up over an inch of rain earlier. For the remainder of our Wednesday, it will be chilly but overall, quite a bit drier than this morning.
Expect most locations to be in the upper 30s and lower 40s in time for the evening commute. As clouds break later tonight, the mercury will drop further and we'll eventually hit the upper 20s Thursday morning. With a little more sunshine tomorrow, highs should make it into the lower 50s.
Another shift takes place Friday. It will be milder but the rain showers creep back in by late evening. Just in time for the weekend, another round of rain enters north Alabama, making for a damp Saturday area-wide.
- Rain Ending, Colder Tonight
- Rain Ending, Fog Developing Tonight
- Heavy rain moves in tonight followed by much colder air
- Colder Air Invades The Valley Tonight
- Rain Increasing Tonight, Ends Saturday Morning
- Rain Ends Tonight, Cooler Air Moves In
- Threat for rain ending early tonight
- Rain Exits Tonight
- Rain Is Gone, Now We Grow Colder
- Snow Ending Tonight