The search for Tennessee's next head coach has been a debacle in every sense of the word but if reports are true, that search could be coming to an end very soon.
According to ESPN's Chris Low, Tennessee is in the process of trying to finalize a deal with Alabama defensive coordinator and Rainsville native Jeremy Pruitt after offering him the job earlier on Wednesday. Piggy backing off of that report fellow ESPN reporter Mark Schlabach said the school will name pruitt their new coach on Thursday barring any unforsene setbacks.
The Vols reportedly also interviewed Auburn defensive Coordinator Kevin Steele and Goergia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker in recent days.
- Reports: UT closing in on deal to make Rainsville's Jeremy Pruitt new HC
- Jeremy Pruitt believes he can restore Tennessee's reputation
- Pisgah hires Jeremy Pruitt's brother as next football coach
- Report: Six UT employees violated sexual misconduct policies
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- HCS school super Akin officially accepts Gulf Shores job
- REPORT: Auburn DC misses Broyles Award presentation to interview for UT job
- White House says Trump not OK with Pruitt's apartment deal
- Top Pruitt aide resigning
- Scott Pruitt's nightmare week